We had a great weekend, on Friday and Saturday night we went to a festival called “Parkfeest Oosterhout”. Most artists on the festival are Dutch. Friday night was with cover bands and as closing act a couple of Dj’s with a 80’s – 90’s program. Yesterday was with Di-rect and Raccoon.You see them on every festival in Holland during summer, but who cares. Music isn’t the most important thing of the festival for me. With this “parkfeest” you always bump into old friends or people you haven’t seen for a while. The other side of a weekend like this is, that most of the time we don’t sleep enough,so every day we come too late out of bed. Not so good on Sunday Smoothie, where I mostly want to write a post for photosforfoodies.com and another one for cakesandpumps. But I did it, only it’s a little late for the morning smoothie;-) haha you can try this one on another day then if you want. Read more for the recipe.
I choose a Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie, since these are the season’s vegetable and fruit for this moment.
When you use rhubarb, you first have to cook the rhubarb because this is not a vegetable you can eat raw. And don’t eat the leaves, because the leaves are toxic! If you like the smoothie a little bit sweet (like me;-)), then put a little more sugar in then what’s written in the recipe.
I always have a love-hate relation with rhubarb. My mother-in-law used to have a big rhubarb plant in her garden, and she made these delicious vegetable salads with it. But she had to put so much sugar in it to make it less sour and we both had stomach pains after eating the rhubarb salad. For that reason I didn’t eat rhubarb for years. So I was a little curious if this would still be a problem for me. But nothing of that, this smoothie was soft and not sour at all. And no pain in my stomach after drinking the smoothie!
- 200 gr. Rhubarb
- 250 gr. Strawberries
- 2 table spoons sugar
- 2 table spoons Honey
- 50 ml orange juice
- 5 dl Cold milk
- First wash the rhubarb, cut it in small pieces and cook it for around 10 minutes in water. Never use raw rabarber, because you can’t eat that. Throw the water away.
- Mix the sugar through the rhubarb and let it cool down for around an hour.
- Clean the strawberries, put them in the blender, together with the Rhubarb, the orange juice and the honey. Mix it smooth.
- Put the milk in the blender and mix it again.
- Put the mix into a glass and decorate the glass with some strawberries. I strongly advice you not to use raw rhubarb, otherwise people will think they can eat this raw.
- The Smoothie is finished!
My Social Media
My other Blog and websites