These days it’s almost 2,5 year since I quit smoking. I wrote this post in the first place for Photos for foodies. But I decided to quit my blog Photos for Foodies, because it’s too much work to write for three blogs. It does’t feel right for me if all my blogpost from Photos for foodies will be lost, so I decided to move all the posts to Cakes and Pumps. This is the first post that I move, and happily I’m still a non-smoker. I’m really happy with that, You can read my quit story that I wrote on this blog here: cakesandpumps.com.
For Photos for foodies I made cupcakes for my colleagues and I want to show you those cupcakes that I made, to celebrate this one-year-non-smoking with my colleagues.
At Bailey lights I have a lot of colleagues who are crazy about food. So next to the talking about lamps, the second important talking is about food.
A couple of those colleagues also bake (cup)cakes or some other things for us to eat. I never did such a thing, but I thought maybe this could be a good habit now I have my Cakes and Pumps blog. Just to bake something for my colleagues once and a while.
Let’s see if I can make a new serie out of this colleague treat.
I choose these cupcakes and decorated them with a cigarette with a cross through it. The recipe of the cupcakes is very easy, but I really like the taste of these kind of cupcakes. Of course you can make different decorations, to your own style. I couldn’t find an example on the internet about the cupcake that I had in mind, so I tried a little.
These are the results halfway of my work.
I found the quit smoking sign on the internet, printed it and put a cocktail pick between two pieces of paper and glued them together.
And even Larsman likes these cupcakes a lot. I have the finished ones in a transparent box on the kitchen table waiting for tomorrow. So after his midday sleep he saw the cupcakes and he kept begging for more;-) hahaha of course I gave him one, who could resist this cutie…
If you want to follow me a bit more, here are the links for the social media that I have an account with:
If you want to follow my blog with Bloglovin, you can find it here, also with my blog name: Cakes and Pumps
If you like more DIY and Interior styling, you should read my Blog on Goodlives.
- 230 gr Unsalted Full cream butter, softened
- 230 gr Caster Sugar
- 230 gr Self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- White fondant icing
- Yellow fondant icing
- Black fondant icing
- Red fondant icing
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Put 18 little paper tins into Muffin baking plates. By using the baking plates you keep the shape of the cupcake.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes untill you have a pale, creamy paste.
- Put the paste into the cupcake tins.
- Bake the cakes for 20 minutes.
- Put the cakes on a wire rack.
- Rol the white fondant icing for the white part of the cigarette and do the same with the yellow fondant icing for the filter of the cigarette. Put a little black fondant on the other side of the cigarette.
- Rol the red fondant flat and cut out slices to make a red cross over the cigarette.
- Let the cupcakes cool down.
Source recipe base cupcakes: 500 Cupcakes, Fergal Connolly, p. 204 , Veltman Uitgevers
My Social Media
My other Blog and websites