This Cocktail Friday’s cocktail became famous when Carrie Bradshaw started drinking this cocktail in Sex and the City. I watched a lot of episodes from Sex and the City, but it never made me drink a Cosmopolitan, which I regret now, because this cocktail is a goooooooood!!! It’s fresh because of the lime and sweet by the Cranberry. Read further for the recipe.
Wednesday I started thinking about the Cocktail I wanted to make for Cocktail Friday. I searched a little on the internet and found the Cosmopolitan. The only problem was I never bought a bottle of Vodka, so which one to buy? I live in a little town, with a small liquor shop, so a fancy Vodka would be out of my league. And I didn’t want a tasteless one. So after a search on the internet again, I wrote down some names, went to the liquor store and bought a New Amsterdam Vodka. I still don’t know if this is a good one, but in the Cosmopolitan it tasted fine. But if you have any suggestions for other good Vodka’s I’m all ears. And also for Gin. Maybe I will do something with Gin for the next cocktail, so also looking for some suggestions for good Gins!
Before Carrie Bradshaw made the Cosmopolitan famous, it was already famous in the seventies when it came from San Francisco to New York. You can find the recipe of a guy named Toby Cecchini here at Diffordsguide. In this cocktail you have a little bit more Vodka, more lime juice and less Cranberry. I like it more with a little bit more Cranberry juice which makes it a more fruity. You can read more about the Cosmopolitan history on Diffordsguide.com.
The Cosmopolitan is an easy recipe to make. They say a lot of women drink this, but I don’t know why it couldn’t be a man’s drink too. So be a man an try this cocktail with your girl (or man of course) or with your friends. M. liked it anyway, definitely something we are going to drink more.
Edit: This is a post from my old Blog Photos for foodies. I quit with this Blog, but it didn’t feel good to lose all the recipes, that’s why I copied all the posts to Cakes and Pumps. This post is written in 2015 by myself.
- 1 part Triple Sec
- 1 part Vodka
- 1,5 part Cranberry juice
- lime juice (of a half lemon)
- Slices of Lemon or Orange for decoration
- Put the icecubes in a shaker.
- Put the Triple Sec, the Vodka, the Cranberry Juice and the lemon juice also into the skaker, shake everything for 30 seconds.
- You drink a Cosmopolitan without the icecubes, these are only to cool your cocktail in de shaker.
- Strain the mix into a glass. You can use a strainer for this.
- Fill the glasses with the Cocktail mix.
- Take a piece of Orange peel as big as your thumb (don’t bend it). Hold it between your finger and thumb and gently warm it for 20 seconds with a match.
- Bend the peel, and rub with the peel over the edge of the glass. It will gives your drink an extra flavour when drinking it.
- After that put a slice of lemon or Orange on the edge of the glass, and your cocktail is ready.
- Enjoy your weekend!
If you want to follow me a bit more, here are the links for the social media that I have an account with:
If you want to follow my blog with Bloglovin, you can find it here, also with my blog name: Cakes and Pumps
If you like more DIY and Interior styling, you should read my Blog on Goodlives.