Weekend and time for Cocktail Friday!
Since it’s almost Kingsday here in Holland (Monday 27th of April), I wanted to mix an orange cocktail this time. With a little search in one of my Mix books, I found this one. Wednesday all the bottles for this Cocktail Friday came in and yesterday we pre-tested the cocktail.
I expected the Orange curacao to be a little more orange, so a little bit disappointed, since I wanted to make an orange one and the orange curaçao looks a little bit more brownish.
After I mixed the Orange Plantation cocktail and tasted it, hahaha I felt drunk immediately;-). No not really, but it was a little bit strong for our taste.
So we put some orange juice into the mix and liked it more then. Haha but it was still enough for a Thursday night, so only one was enough;-).
The taste of the Orange plantation is good en nice for a summer night, but not really special. I like rum a lot, but I prefer to drink it pure (brown rum, older age) or with cola or in a Mojito. Or maybe in another cocktail I haven’t tasted before.
Today no cocktails for me, I’m off to a high wine with one of my friends for her birthday-;).
Enjoy your weekend!
Edit: This is a post from my old Photos for foodies. I quit with this Blog, but it didn’t feel good to lose all the recipes, that’s why I copied all the posts to Cakes and Pumps. This post is written in 2015 by myself.
- 1 part White rum
- 1 part Orange Curacao
- Orange juice
- 2 zips of Angostura
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- Juice of 1,5 lemon
- Peace of pineapple for decoration
- Mix the white rum, Orange curacao, the Angostura, the Grenadine and lemon juice in a cocktailshaker.
- Fill the glasses with the Cocktail mix.
- Put orange juice to your own taste in the glass and mix it with a spoon. The original orange plantation recipe is without the orange juice, but for our taste it was a little bit too strong.
- After that put a slice of pinapple on the edge of the glass, and your cocktail is ready.
- This cocktail tastes also good with some icecubes in it.
- Enjoy your weekend!
My Social Media
My other Blog and websites