Summer always brings nice barbeques, together with the three of us or with friends and family.
For a bbq I always make skewers. This can be with chicken, shrimps, beef or with pork tenderloin. Every time we try new things, like these pork tenderloin skewers.
I always make too much for a bbq. It doesn’t matter if I only bbq with my little family or with a bigger group, it’s always too much. This is because I can’t choose what to make, we like it all;-).
The skewers that I made for this bbq are made of pork tenderloin.
I don’t eat a lot of pork meat because I’m not so crazy of the taste. Except pork tenderloin, that taste is fine.
You always have to be careful with skewers so they don’t become dry or leathery. Pork tenderloin is mostly tender meat, but you have to cut the meat in small pieces otherwise it’s again a big meat ball;-).
That’s why I cut the pork tenderloin for skewers, into slices. I put the slices in a bowl and marinate them with (seasoned) oil, garlic pepper, garlic powder, meat herbs powder and cajun herbs. For the seasoned oil, I use this one from Conimex.
Then leave it all for a while (10 minutes or so).
After that I skewer the slices pork in a spiralform, like making a S on the skewer.
By skewering the meat this way there is some space between the meat. For this it bakes quicker on the bbq and the meat tastes delicious.
When the marinating and skewering is ready, you can put the skewer on the bbq!
I never eat sauce with these skewers, because I like the taste of the meat and the herbs. And this way it’s better for my health and my figure;-). These pork skewers are delicious with a summer salad of cucumber, tomato and feta, and with baked potatoe.
- 300 gr. Pork Tenderloin
- (wooden) Skewers
- Seasoned oil (circa 3 tablespoons)
- Herbs like garlicpepper, garlicpowder, meatpowder and Cajun herbs.
- Cut the pork tenderloin in slices. Use the short side of the pork, you get smaller pieces then, which are easier to skewer on a wooden skewer.
- Put the slices in a bowl and marinate them with 3 tablespoons and the herbs after you own taste. I always use a lot of herbs myself.
- Leave it all for around 10 minutes.
- Skewer the slices in a S-form around the skewer like a spiral.
- After that put them on the bbq!
Edit: This is a post from my old Blog Photos for foodies. I quit with this Blog, but it didn’t feel good to lose all the recipes, that’s why I copied all the posts to Cakes and Pumps. This post is written in 2015 by myself.
My Social Media
My other Blog and websites